The “Stage 1” is designed for those with mid frame turbochargers looking for good response. With this package we compliment our high performance 3 angle valve job with a “pocket port” which improves the valve bowl and flow around the valve guide boss. We start out with complete dis-assembly and thorough cleaning not only of the valve train components and the exterior of the castings, but the AVCS oil galleys that run through-out the castings. From there we position the valve in the ideal location on the valve seat with a high performance 3 angle valve job. This helps promote smoother more efficient airflow into and out of the combustion chamber. The flow of the head is greatly improved with the combination of our high performance 3-angle valve job and pocket port. We upgrade with Manley Performance “RaceFlo” 1 piece stainless steel valves as well as their 60LB spring and titanium retainer kit. New Subaru OEM valve stem seals and valve locks are utilized during re-assembly of the cylinder heads with your core camshafts. Camshaft lash is set to Subaru OEM specifications or camshaft manufacture specifications depending on what camshaft is being used. Valve guide clearance is checked, replacement valve guides are not included and may be required at an additional cost. The cylinder heads then get milled flat with an appropriate finish for a MLS style gasket and washed one final time after machining.
- Subaru OEM Intake and exhaust valve stem seals
- Subaru OEM Valve locks
- High Performance 3 Angle valve job
- Pocket ported and bowls blended
- Milled mating surface
- Manley Performance 36mm “RaceFlo” Stainless Steel intake valve set
- Manley Performance 32mm “RaceFlo” Stainless Steel exhaust valve set
- Manley Performance 60LB Valve spring w/ Titanium retainers
- Thoroughly cleaned and Pressure tested
- AVCS Oil Galley plugs dis-assembled and galleys thoroughly cleaned
- Camshaft lash set (Subaru OEM or manufacture specification of supplied cams)
- Valve guide clearance checked
- Valve guide replacement may be necessary, not included in base pricing
- Fully assembled and ready to install onto your shortblock
Core Note: A good core is consider complete cylinder head assembly without damage to the combustion chamber. Must include matching cam caps, OEM or aftermarket camshafts, valves, valve springs, valve retainer, spring seat, and valve lifters. New core castings are available if needed. INBOUND SHIPPING FEES NOT INCLUDED IN PRICE.